Sunday, September 16, 2007

Obligtory Post of the Month

I had a few moments and my thoughts turned to the blog so I thought I'd post. Since I'm averaging only one or two a month, I doubt there's many of you still reading this, but why not keep going.

I finished the Harry Potter series last week. Book five was a bit of a struggle to get through but after that, 6 and 7 made it worth getting through 5. Book 7 really blew me away. The whole series is great. Rowling really has to go back and write some more books in the Harry Potter universe. They don't even have to be about Harry. She's created a world that has the endless possibilities that all the best fantasy series hold. It could easily be as endless as Star Wars or the Tolkien books. I'm really glad I read them and I'm looking forward to the last two movies. They should be really good if they're done right.

Football season has started and Auburn looks about as bad as they've ever looked and that's about all I've got to say about that.

I haven't been playing any games lately. I'm actually kind of lost here after having finished the Potter books. I've not seen any games that I've just had to play. There are several coming out between now and the end of the year though, so I'm just trying to hold out till then.

DeAnne is doing really well. Her back isn't giving her any trouble and she's really enjoying her new job.

The only other real news is that we've switched from cable to DISH Network. We got a package deal through the phone company for DISH, DSL, and all kinds of phone features that we didn't have before. So far, we love it. We got the HD package and it looks great on the TV. It really does make a dramatic difference. We also got DVR with it and I don't know how we ever dealt with the VCR. The DVR is just too awesome. Our internet is about 3 times faster than what we were getting from the cable company so that's pretty cool too.

So that's about it for now. Who knows, maybe I'll get a second post in later this month.

Later,

--Paul

1 comment:

stephcl said...

i felt like this blog was for me. book 7 really blew me away too. i was laughing out loud, crying out loud...it was nuts. i loved it.

auburn football is awful. we went to the last 2 games and decided we will probably not go again this season. it was just too disappointing...

bayfest is coming up. velvet revolver, ludacris, blues traveler, joan jett, the wallflowers...this is the first time in years they are actually having decent acts...you guys should consider this for a trip!!