Saturday, December 22, 2007

Better Late Than Never

I know I was supposed to post this a day or two after her surgery, but Emma's fine. The lump turned out to be a cyst that had built up an infection around it. They removed the cyst and cut out the infection. A round of antibiotics and a few stitches later and she's good as new. The stitches are out and once all her fur grows back, you probably won't be able to tell that she ever had anything done. So that's a great relief. It wasn't cheap, but we're glad the lump's gone and that it wasn't something more severe.

It's hard to imagine, but Christmas is Tuesday. We had Christmas with DeAnne's family last weekend while her sister and her brother-in-law were in town from Utah. Mike's leaving for a 6 month stay in Iraq in a week or two and he had to be back on base by a certain date so we had Christmas a little early. We had a good time and it was good to get the see Sarah and Mike again.

Having Christmas that early has also helped to make our holiday season much less stressful. We're going to Anniston for Christmas with my Mom's family on Sunday. We're staying overnight and coming home on Monday and then Christmas day we're having lunch with my Dad. So overall, a pretty laid back, spread out, easy to work out Christmas. It probably won't ever happen again, so we're trying to enjoy it this year.

I would promise to post again before the end of the year, but every time I make a post promise, I end up not following through. I would like to do a year-ender after Christmas though. We'll see what happens. Merry Christmas to you all and if I don't make it back this year, have a Happy New Year also.

--Paul

No comments: