Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Got Game?

Well, Christmas has come and gone. I hope everyone had a good one and got everything they wanted. DeAnne and I had an excellent Christmas.

We both got a good sum of cash. We got some very nice towels, one set with our name and one set with our initials on them. A few t-shirts and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

The highlight for me was DeAnne opening the mixer I got her. I had bought it back in October before all the mess with the animals happened. So when the vet bills started racking up, I played it up like I wouldn't be able to get her much for Christmas. All the while, she had been helping her mom cook through Thanksgiving and Christmas and, with some carefully placed hints, had decided she really wanted a KitchenAid mixer. I almost blew the surprise on Friday, but managed to cover and in the end, she was completely shocked. It was great.

I now have something to keep me busy for several months. I scored no less than four games for the Wii. Of course, one was Guitar Hero III that DeAnne got me. Then I also got Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. All cool games. The sad thing is that I still haven't finished Zack & Wiki or Table Tennis yet, so I'm going to try and finish those before I get start anything other than Guitar Hero. I went ahead and played it yesterday. I wanted to start on easy just to play through all the songs and I ended up beating easy last night. I'm loving it. We even messed around with the online stuff some and DeAnne beat a couple of people in challenges. It's the first time I think that we've ever done anything online with a console and it was pretty neat even though the online in Guitar Hero is fairly limited.

Anyway, I better get going. I'm off to work this morning. No vacation time left and I'm on call next week for new years. The only other thing to report really is that DeAnne's car broke down again on Christmas Eve. We were on our way to her mom's house to eat dinner and we stopped at the school to get something and when we went to leave, the car wouldn't crank. I think it's that same computer that they replaced back at the end of the summer. Hopefully, they'll replace it again since it's only been a couple of months since they replaced it the last time. I guess we'll see. Let you know later.

--Paul

No comments: