Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back In Action

I hadn't really planned on it, but I guess you all noticed that I took last week off from blogging.  It wasn't intentional, it's just the way it happened.  I'm back today though.

So what's been going on?  A lot of sickness for one thing.  First of all, Sid continues to improve but it's been slow going.  He and my Mom still need lots of prayers.  He's still not able to do much on his own and his time in rehab is about up.  Mom's working on an appeal to get him 21 more days but it might not happen.

Then we have our grandmothers.  DeAnne's Nanny had to go to the hospital for her heart early last week.  She got out for Thanksgiving so she wasn't in very long but it was still scary.  The doctor told her that if she had waited to go to the hospital much longer, she would probably have died.

You might remember that my Memaw had kidney cancer last year.  They took it out and she did a round of chemo and was thought to be cancer-free.  A couple of weeks ago, they found a tumor in her liver.  She's going for a biopsy today so we'll know more after that but the chances are good that it's malignant.

So, as you can see, our families could use your prayers.  Hopefully the Lord will move in each of these situations (as He seems to have already for DeAnne's grandmother) and our families will have some peace.

Other than those things, we had a good Thanksgiving.  We stuffed ourselves silly and then on Friday DeAnne made her usual shopping trip with her Mom.  They also went shopping on Saturday.  I hung around the house and did a few things but mostly watched football (War Eagle by the way) and I finally got to watch "The Blind Side".  So even the movie I watched over the weekend was about football.

The Friday before Thanksgiving we went up to Birmingham with Garrett and Amy and saw Needtobreathe.  I've talked about their albums in the past and I have some of their song samples in the Amazon player on the right.  They were pretty great live.  Besides the band, the place was pretty awesome too.  It was at the Alabama Theater which I've heard of before but never been to.  Our seats weren't that great but it was still a great show and a great time.

That pretty much catches you up with what's been going on with us the past couple of weeks.  At this point, I'm going to go back to just regular blogging and abandon the Christmas posts.  The ones that I've done already are the main topics that people ask me about each year so I've covered the major topics (except for maybe the Nintendo DS).  I've gotten a good bit of traffic from them but they take a good bit of time to put together and I've not had a purchase from a link yet.  To be honest, I just haven't enjoyed the process as much as I thought I would.  Maybe it's because it's a materialistic thing and it just doesn't seem that important?  I don't know.  If someone asks, I'll be happy to make recommendations and if anybody wants to see a post on a particular subject, I'll do a post for it, but barring requests, I think I'm going to leave the buying guide where it is.

See you on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: