Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Chill

The freezer is supposed to be delivered today.  Hopefully it fits in the spot I cleared out the other night and hopefully we don't have any problems getting it in there.  I guess we'll know soon enough.

In the midst of having a baby, NASA completed the space shuttle mission.  One thing I'll always be able to remember about Harrison's birthday is that he was born the day of the final space shuttle launch.  The shuttle program was literally as old as I am.  The first launch was on April 12, 1981.  Twentynine days before I was born.  For as long as I've been alive, the space shuttle has been operating.  I never got to see a launch.  I've watched plenty of them on TV and the internet, but I always wanted to see one in person.  Hopefully, it won't be long and we'll have a new generation of flights lifting off.  Of course, private companies are already getting close to sending unmanned ships to the space station for supply drops.  They expect the first of those flights to happen before the end of the year even.  Maybe when NASA finally gets back into the game, we can take Harrison to the launch and he can have that memory that I never did.

Anyway.  No major plans this weekend.  I've got to get the grass cut at some point.  It's approaching nightmare levels.  All this rain has kicked it into high gear.  I'm glad we're getting rain though.  It's a lot better than being as dry as it was earlier.  It was kind of nice not having to cut the grass though.  Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: