Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Too Short Long Weekend

The long weekend was far too short for my tastes.  We had a good one though.

Saturday was actually pretty productive.  I got the grass taken care of but little did I know that while I was out in the yard, DeAnne had gone full nesting mode inside the house.  She was cleaning like a crazy person and had plenty for me to do after I got back inside.  She did give me a chance to take a shower, rest and eat lunch first, but after that, we were back at it, putting up laundry, sweeping and vacuuming, and hanging up a list of items that I've never managed to get on the walls.  Saturday night we spent some time with MeMaw and when we finally hit the sack, I slept about as hard as I ever have.

Church was good on Sunday.  I always love seeing baptisms.  They're one of those things that are guaranteed to make you smile.  The church picnic Sunday afternoon was good too.  We didn't make it to the fireworks show, but we enjoyed talking with everyone, watching kids (and some adults) on the slip-n-slide and of course, the dessert table.

And then the day off.  The 4th.  We lounged, we went to Wal-mart, we lounged some more and then we went to Opp and ate dinner with DeAnne's family.  Simple, easy, nice and relaxing.

Harrison watch is at 17 days and counting.  Still hoping for DeAnne's sake it's less than that.  Her feet have gotten worse the last couple of days.  Sunday night they looked awful when we left church.  I've been talking to him trying to coax him out, but he seems pretty determined to stay right where he is for as long as possible.  I think it means he's stubborn like his momma, but don't tell her I said that.

--Paul

No comments: