Tuesday, October 31, 2006

News from the Doctor

I went and saw my doctor today for a general checkup and everything's looking good. He said all my stats looked good except that I could stand to loose a few pounds. For those of you who haven't seen me recently, I've gained a little weight since getting over the surgery. I don't know if my appetite has increased or what, but I think that I've been eating more since I feel better than I used to. Anyway, he wants me to loose about 15 pounds. I knew it was coming and I've not been happy with myself for a few weeks now, so Dee and I had already started walking around the neighborhood in the afternoons. Hopefully, I can keep that up and maybe cut back on my snacking and trim the portions down and I'll see some pounds come off. Only thing about it is that we're entering holiday season and you all know how I like to eat.

Enough of that. I'll get my blood checked again next week. We're hopeful that after next week we may be able to go to getting my blood checked just once/month. It will be a very, very happy day when they tell me not to come back for a month.

So now I'm scheduled to see my cardiologist in January and then Dr. Kerr doesn't want to see me again for 6 months.

--Paul

No comments: