Sunday, January 21, 2007

Me, My Health and I

So I'll start this series with the topic that got me started on my blogging way in the first place. I'm doing well. We go back to the cardiologist this coming Friday (heads up Courtney and Edwin) so I'll have a more complete report on exactly how I'm doing next weekend.

As to my blood-thinner, we were doing good up until about 4 weeks ago and all of a sudden my level dipped a little too low, so instead of moving to getting checked once a month, we're still on every two weeks. It's disappointing and a little frustrating. It's been nearly 7 months since my surgery and we still don't have this thing completely worked out yet. I know it's going to be an up and down thing and that it's hard to get Coumadin regulated, but come on. I've done a little bit of research on the web and other than a drug that was approved in Europe and then later discontinued for safety reasons, there doesn't seem to be a lot of development or research into better blood thinner agents. As many people there are that are on Coumadin, I'm shocked that this is the case. I guess that's just the way it is though.

Anyway, as I said, I'll have a more detailed report next weekend. I feel great though, and DeAnne says that she can tell a change in me as far as my energy levels and such, so all should be well.

--Paul

No comments: