Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wii Love It!

The new Nintendo has become a fixture of our daily lives.

Wii Sports, the game that comes with the system is awesome. It could have easily been sold separate from the console as a $50 game. DeAnne likes the bowling best. I'm really into the tennis, but they're all really cool. We finally found some controllers for sale in Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago so now we're able to play against each other (or on the same team in tennis) and it's a blast. We had some company over for dinner a few weekends ago and Wii Sports was one of the highlights of the evening.

I've got about 10 hours of play time in on the new Zelda and I have no idea how far into it I am, but I get the feeling I've got a long way to go. It's an incredible game. There have been numerous times where while playing, I've caught myself saying "Wow, that was awesome". There are just so many cool things about the game. Something will happen and you'll think that that's the coolest thing in the game and then 15 minutes later something cooler than that happens. Sorry, fan-boy gushing is now over.

I've also downloaded a couple of games. The original Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. 1. They're both still great games and they both are a ton of fun to play still. I was worried that the download-able game thing wouldn't really work that well or that the games wouldn't look very good, but the downloads are small, taking only about 5 minutes on our impossibly slow connection and they don't take up much of the internal memory. Nintendo puts out new games every Monday, and while the last few weeks haven't seen anything worth while hit the store, there should be plenty of cool old games coming down the pipeline.

So that's how things have been with the Wii. DeAnne and I have both really enjoyed it and I know that I'm excited about games that will be coming out in the future for it. I think Nintendo has really come up with something that is amazingly innovative and has really brought something fresh and exciting to video games. Oh, and if you've got a Wii and you know my email address, send me a message and we'll exchange Wii numbers so that we can write each other.

--Paul

No comments: