Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back To Somewhat Normal

After all the craziness of the past few months with the class and all, we're slowly getting back to a more normal routine.  I'm taking this as the calm before the storm because I'm sure once Harrison gets here, normal will have to go through a complete re-difining.

We had another great weekend.  Saturday we rode up to Tallassee to see my Mom's side of the family.  It was kind of a belated Mother's Day gathering.  It was unique this year in that my Uncle Keith and Aunt She-She came over from Arizona and my grandmother's twin brother, Uncle Ken, came out from California.  It was good to get to see them along with the usual crowd that we don't get to see often enough.  So we had a good time visiting, eating and taking family pictures.

Sunday after church, DeAnne threw me a birthday party.  She had told me that I was going to have a surprise on the table when we got home Saturday night and that I wasn't allowed to look under the tablecloth.  I assumed that part of what was under there was a cake.  I was slightly wrong because it turned out that the entirety of what was hidden was a cake.  It was a four foot long replica of my Les Paul.  It was pretty amazing and incredibly thoughtful, so after all the grief I gave DeAnne last week about not ever telling me "Happy Birthday", she more than made up for it with the party and the cake.

So that was the weekend.  We actually don't have any real plans for the one coming up.  I'll probably end up working outside.  I still have a set of bushes to trim and after finally getting some rain the yard is starting to look like it needs cutting.

--Paul

No comments: