Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wow

This post is actually being written over the course of several days during different chances I've had to get to it.  It's crazy and it's probably going to be long, but this is the new format I'm probably going to be faced with if I intend to keep blogging.  I'm probably going to start writing blogs ahead of time and then scheduling them to post automatically when I'm done with one.  If I can build up a few, then I'll be able to miss a day or two and it not be a big deal.  It's just going to take some work to get it rolling.

Harrison hasn't so much changed the morning routine as the combination of having Harrison and DeAnne working has changed the morning routine.  We usually get cracking around 5:15 instead of my old 5:45 and DeAnne's old 6:15 and whereas I used to start getting dressed and walking the dog at 6:30, I now have to be getting in the car at 6:30 if I'm going to get Harrison dropped off and still get to work by 7:00.  DeAnne and I have talked a little about me changing my work schedule.  PowerSouth lets us set what time we come in and leave so long as we're putting in 8 hours of work each day and the schedule doesn't change every day.  We may try me going in at 7:30.  The only downside is that I would have to work to 4:00.  I know 30 minutes isn't a huge change, but we're so used to both of us being home by 4:00 that it would pretty drastically alter our routine in the evenings.

Of course, I'm not so sure that any of this is an issue once Harrison starts sleeping through the night.  We've gotten close a couple of times, but he's still getting up about once each night.  His schedule does seem to have changed some the past couple of nights though.  He was going down around 9:00/9:30, getting up around 2:00/2:30 and then getting up around 5:30/6:00.  The past couple of nights he's gone to bed around 8:00/8:30, gotten up around 11:00/11:30 and then again around 4:00, although today he made it all the way to 5:00.  The new schedule wouldn't be awful as long as he can stretch that last stint out to 5:00 or 5:30.  I think we're on the cusp of making it through the night, we're just not quite there yet.

--Paul

No comments: