Thursday, September 01, 2011

One Post Kind of Week

It's been a week to say the least.

If you're friends with me on or DeAnne on Facebook, then you already know that I had a stomach virus on Monday.  It wasn't the worst one I've ever had, but it still wasn't pretty.  I spent the day quarantined in the bedroom trying to make sure that neither DeAnne nor Harrison picked it up.  So far, they seem to have avoided it and I've not really heard of anyone else that we were in contact with over the weekend being sick, so I've been wondering if it was something I ate.  Who knows?  Whatever it was, it was bad.

So that kept me down Monday.  Tuesday morning I was feeling better, but I slept late and went in to work around 9:00, so that's why there wasn't a blog Tuesday.

Backtracking a little, we had a good weekend.  I don't think we did anything Friday, but Saturday we went to Opp for our friends Charlie and Erin Robinson's daughter's third birthday party.  We haven't seen Charlie and Erin in years and it was good to get to see them and catch up.  Their little girl is precious and it's hard to imagine that in no time, Harrison will be that big.

Harrison went to daycare for the first time yesterday.  He was only there from 8:00 to 11:30, but it was a lifetime for DeAnne.  He's going to go for a whole day today.  We're making a trial run.  We got up and got going like we'll have to next week when DeAnne goes back to school.  I'm going to take him and pick him up and DeAnne's going to try her best to stay occupied all day so she doesn't go get him early.  He did good yesterday and I'm happy with the place he's going.

As to the weekend: We're going to have Liam overnight on Saturday.  It'll be a fun little experiment to see if we can handle a toddler and a new born.  Trial run for the next one, if you will.  We haven't really seen much of Liam lately, so it'll be fun to have him over for a night.   Maybe he won't destroy the house.  We're going to have to spend Friday toddler-proofing as best we can.

I guess missing a day gets you a longer post.  Should I consider going to one post per week or stick with two?  Let me know.

Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: