Monday, November 06, 2006

Child's Play

One of the strongest memories I have of my first surgery is getting to play the original Legend of Zelda on the NES the night before my surgery. It was a blast and now both you and I have the chance to give a memory like that to another child.

I know I mentioned this on the original dubnet, but it's worth mentioning again. This year's Child's Play is getting started. If you missed my first post about it, it's a charity run by a couple of guys who love video games and make their living by creating an online comic strip about video games. Each year, they create Amazon.com wish lists for various Children's Hospitals around the world. People go and buy items off the lists and those items are sent to the hospitals. All the items on the lists are toys of one type or another with the emphasis being on video games.

I know that around Christmas, everyone is asking for money, but if you've ever played a video game and enjoyed it or if you've ever been inside of a Children's Hospital for one reason or another, or even if you've never done either, let me encourage you to go and buy something for a hospital somewhere in the world. Your gift may be the one thing that gives a child a little hope or happiness during a time that they may be more scared than ever before.

So please, take a few minutes, go to http://www.childsplaycharity.org and check out what you can do for someone in need. The total raised last year was $605,000. Let's make sure we help blow that number out of the water.

--Paul

No comments: