Monday, November 27, 2006

Television, the Great Evil

So I bought a TV this past Friday. I just couldn't stand it. I had to get something to fill up the big freaking entertainment center that DeAnne bought. Well, I guess I didn't "have" to, but it sure felt like it.

Anyway, Sears was able to order me the one I wanted and meet Circuit City's price and then cut me a little more for the price match, so I went that route. It also keeps me from having to drive out of town to get the thing. I'm going to pick it up though. I don't want them to deliver it to the wrong house like they did our dish washer last year.

I wound up getting a 40" Samsung LCD. I liked the spec sheet for it so we went to Dothan and looked at it at Circuit City and it looked really good, so we (I) decided to get it. We don't have digital cable in Andalusia yet, which I think is pitiful, but DVDs and games should look incredible and should we ever wind up with a digital cable option, or decide to go Dish or DirecTV, we'll have a good TV to watch it on already. If you look at it that way, it's not just a TV, it's an investment in the future. Or something like that. I'll post some pics when I get it put in. It's supposed to be here Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: