Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wii!!!

It's been busy, busy around here the past week.

The church got some new sound equipment, so I was up at the church just about each night this past week helping get that set up and ready to go for Sunday services. It all sounds great and I think we were really able to do a lot with the budget that the church gave us. I think the church is really going to love it.

Our big news for the week...DeAnne bought us a new couch, chair and entertainment center for the house on Monday. We got the entertainment center yesterday, but it's going to be just before Christmas before the couch and chair come. So of course, since we had new furniture on the way, DeAnne decided that it was best to go ahead and paint the living room and hallway before it all got here. So the home improvement continues. She went with a tan color. I think it turned out pretty nice, especially with the entertainment center we got. I'll try and get some pictures up later today.

Finally, as the title of the post may indicate, we got a Wii last night. For those of you who haven't heard, the Wii is the new Nintendo game console that is set to compete with Sony's PS3 and Microsoft's XBox 360. DeAnne got it for me for Christmas.

I started calling our Wal-Mart yesterday around 3:00 and then called every two hours after that to check and see if a line had started yet. At 7:00 they told me that there was about 4 people in line, so we decided to go on up there and join in. So we waited from around 7:30 to 12:01, but we got one. Brian and Adrienne showed up around 9:00 after getting back from watching the Iron Bowl in Pensacola. All in all, it was a long wait, but we had a blast. The people in line were all nice and everyone had kind of an unspoken understanding that if you wanted to get up and walk around for a few minutes, you could without loosing your place in line. When all was said and done, we were number 5 and Brian was number 6. I think they had around 15 or so. But the travesty of the evening was in the game selection they had available. No Zelda was to be had. I don't guess it's a big deal anyway. DeAnne's not going to let me have it till Christmas anyway, and I'm cool with that. It's just nice to know that I'm getting one.

Anyway, I'll try and get living room pics up today sometime and I'll keep you posted on the status of the couch and chair. If I don't post before, have a happy Thanksgiving.

--Paul

No comments: