Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Head Above Water

It's been a tough two weeks or so, but I think that last night we finally caught a glimpse of the proverbial light.  I don't know how many hours DeAnne has put in down at the school, much less how much time she's put in at home, but I think she's just about got things organized and rolling.  She's basically had to squeeze what most teachers would accomplish over a summer into as short a time span as possible while simultaneously teaching.  I'm not an educator, but she's put in a lot of hard work and has been dedicated to doing a good job and I think that considering the situation she was thrown in to, she's handled things pretty well.

School was basically our weekend.  I've tried to help as much as I can.  Friday we were planning on going to the football game but never made it down to the field.  We spent most of the night cleaning the room and trying to create some more space by rearranging furniture.  Saturday morning I helped out at the new building at church and then we went down to the school again to get some more work done down there.  We didn't stay too long though.  I had to come back and help Bro. Matt prepare his slide shows for his mission presentation Sunday night.  So after doing that, the Brady's invited us to dinner that was quite good.  In between services on Sunday, we found ourselves at the school again and then last night we of course were at the school again.

Like I said though, I think we're close to the point where DeAnne's caught up on everything and about has everything established and rolling.  By the end of the week, I think she'll be on solid ground and able to not spend every waking moment thinking about school.

--Paul

No comments: