Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weekend In The Woods

This is the first year I've gone on the annual men's retreat for church and I have to say, I had a much better time than I ever dreamed I would have.  It was great to get to hang out with a bunch of guys and stay up late and cut up and pray and talk about God's Word.  The facilities were pretty nice too.  Like I said, I had never been before, so I really didn't know what to expect when they said we were going to be staying in a cabin in a camp ground.  Turned out to be a pretty nice house type thing with a bunch of bedrooms and small bathrooms.  The beds weren't exactly the most comfortable thing on the planet, but for one night, they were fine.

Sunday, as usual, was filled with church.  We had a good crowd for Sunday School as school has started and people are through with vacations and things like that.  It was as good a day as Sundays ever are, so it was pretty awesome overall.

I think it has now rained every day for the past 5 days or so.  I'm never going to get my grass cut.  Every time I think I'm going to get the chance, it pours.  I've got band practice tonight and then Wed. is out with church, so it'll be Thursday now before I have a chance to get it done.  I'm afraid a liberal is going to accuse me of cutting down a rain forest when I finally do get to cut my yard.

See you on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: