Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Irony

I just noticed this morning when I got on the blog to write today's entry, that my last post was titled "Back to Normal".  I thought this was kind of ironic since a day after posting that, I changed up the look and feel of the blog.  Anyway, let me know what think about the new look.  It's just one of the default setups that Blogger offers but I kind of liked it.  I'm starting to really feel the whole "minimalist" craze that's started taking root in technology circles lately.

A solid weekend has past.  Saturday I managed to get the grass cut and the neighbors asked if I could help them burn our joint yard trash pile that's been needing to be burned for a year, so I gladly went along with that.  It actually worked out perfectly.  About the time it was down to smolders, it started raining and rained just enough to put the fire out.

Saturday night, Bryan held a back to school party for the church youth boys and it was pretty awesome.  We held a ladderball tournament and though I and my partner only managed to come in third, I didn't think that was too shabby since neither of us had ever played before.

Sunday was pretty awesome too.  Sara and Liam went to church with us and it was nice to have them with us.  Sunday night, Garrett and I led worship like we would on Wednesday and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

So all around, a good weekend.  I'm out of time, but I wanted to mention that besides the new look, there are a couple of other things I'm doing or am going to start doing with the blog.  One is that I'm probably going to start posting more and at more random times.  The other is that I've joined a program called Amazon Associates.  Basically, it allows me to link to products on Amazon.com and if someone clicks the link and buys the product, I get a commission.  The ladderball link above is an example of how this works.  I'm not begging you all to buy stuff this way, but I talk so much about different things (movies, music, games, etc...) that I figured it would be a way for me to get a little reward for all my blogging.  I don't expect to become rich, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try and certainly, you're not going to hurt my feelings if no one ever uses the links to buy anything.  I'm going to try and have it be as unobtrusive as possible.  I don't want to annoy you guys with product links, but don't be surprised if the titles of things I'm talking about start showing up as links.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

I like the look of the blog, but it's a little hard to read b/c it's so dark.