Thursday, December 09, 2010

Child's Play - 2010

Every year I talk about Child's Play (www.childsplaycharity.org) and this year is no different.  I'm not sure how many years the charity has been running, but counting the first post I made about it on the surgery blog, this is the sixth year I've talked about it.

Just to refresh your memory, Child's Play is a charity that donates toys and games to the various Children's Hospitals around the world.  The very first thing you see on their website is a map with all the different hospitals.  If you click on a logo for a hospital you will be taken to that hospital's Amazon wish list.  You can then buy a toy, game, movie, etc... and it will be shipped directly to that hospital.

You can also donate cash through paypal or this year, they've started a text donation.  You can text "GAMERS" to 50555 and make a $5 donation that way.

You can go back to the old posts and see my thoughts on why this is such a great cause.  Not only am I someone who fits into the "gamer" caste, but through my experiences at hospitals as a kid, something like a video game or a movie can go a long way to distracting from what a sick kid is going through.

Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: