Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Merry Christmas, Indeed

We had another wonderful Christmas.  We ate, swapped gifts, ate and then did it all over again for two days after the first one.  We had a good time though and all in all we couldn't have asked for a better Christmas.

I even got away with the cardinal sin of gift-giving.  I gave my wife a vacuum cleaner.  Not only did I give her one, but I gave her two!  And she loved them!  Okay, so maybe they're not the traditional vacuum cleaners, they're Roombas, the robotic vacuums, but still, I gave my wife a vacuum cleaner for a gift and got away with it.  That's a pretty impressive feat if you ask me.

DeAnne got me a really nice new coat.  I've never really had a nice jacket that I could wear to church.  I've just always used pull-over fleeces and things like that, so I'm pretty excited about it.  It was really nice to have on Sunday when we went to Tallassee and it was like 25 degrees the whole day.  It snowed lightly the whole time we were up there.  It wasn't sticking, but still, I guess we got to see a white day-after-Christmas.

So like I said, all in all, an excellent Christmas.  I hope yours was too.

--Paul

No comments: