Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tale As Old As Time...

For as long as I've known DeAnne, I've known that she loves Disney's "Beauty and the Beast".  So when it finally came out on DVD/Blu-ray a month or two ago, I had to buy it for her.  About that same time, I found out that the Broadway in Birmingham series was bringing the Broadway show of "Beauty and the Beast" to Birmingham.  I was going to wait as long as I could to tell her we were going, but I ended up telling her pretty much the day I ordered the tickets which was about a month ago.

So Saturday, we're going to have a "date day".  We're going to dress up nice, drive up to Birmingham, watch the show and then go out to eat.  We haven't really been out on a "date" in a while and  we're both pretty excited about it.  Of course, DeAnne's pretty excited just for the show.  I'm not sure that we've ever been to a play or musical like this before.  We've been together for over 8 years and I can't recall ever going to one.  I honestly wasn't sure if she would like the idea, but she was pretty excited when I told her about it.

That's about all we have planned.  It's the last week before Christmas.  It's hard to believe that it's already here.  It seems like we just finished eating Thanksgiving dinner.  Here we are though.  I haven't decided what my blog schedule is going to be like next week.  At the moment, I'm thinking I'll write on Tuesday and that'll be it.  We'll see though.  Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: