Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Roaring Like a Lion

What a weekend.  It was long, tiring and sometimes chaotic, but it was probably one of the coolest things I've ever been a part of.  If I tried to tell all the D-Now stories here, I would probably never finish.  Suffice it to say, it was a great weekend with hundreds of kids worshiping and learning more about the Lord.

Before Friday night, Kristian Stanfill might not have been a name that very many people in Andalusia recognized.  After the way he led worship for three sessions Friday and Saturday, I don't think anyone in Andalusia is going to stop hearing his name for a long time.  One of those rare talents that actually sounds as good live as he does on his albums, Kristian and his band were obviously sincere about why they were here and even though they're from Atlanta and didn't know what to expect from a little town like Andalusia, I think they left impressed with the way everyone responded.  They were really just down to earth, nice guys and you could really tell that they loved what they did and they loved God.

On top of the band, Ben Nobles had some great messages too.  The theme for the weekend was "What if...?" and I thought Ben did a great job of speaking to the love that God has for us and how we should return that love both to Him and to others around us.

I think both DeAnne and I are still trying to catch up on sleep that we missed, but that's okay.  It was a great weekend and I hope and pray that it impacted the kids in our youth group in a way that will set them on fire for the Lord like never before.

--Paul

No comments: