Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Rollin'

We took another step on our journey toward parenthood this past Saturday.  We bought a new vehicle.  We got a 2011 Nissan Rogue.  It's Nissan's mid-sized crossover.  I really wasn't planning on buying it on Saturday but I guess with it being the next to last sales day of the month, they were looking to get something sold and we were able to hammer out a deal that I was pretty happy with.

We didn't trade either of our cars in, so now not only have we bought a new car, we have a car for sale.  We're actually willing to sell either one of our cars.  They're in about the same shape, have about the same miles on them and are only a model year apart from each other.  I guess it really depends on if someone wants white (with a scratch down the side) or green (with paint fading on the trunk).

So that was our morning Saturday.  After we finished with the car dealer, DeAnne took off to Dothan with her Mom to pick up some maternity clothes.  She's gotten a lot of stuff from different people, but there were a few things she needed to round it out and get her through the week.  I came back to Andalusia, picked up Trey and we headed down to Crestview for the pre-release tournament for the newest Magic set.  This was the third pre-release I had been to and Trey's first.  The level of geek was pretty high but after doing just okay the past two tournaments, I managed to finish third in this one.  I was pretty happy with how I did although I think a lot of it was me getting lucky in the pairings.  Whatever it was, I finished 4-1 and couldn't be happier with how I did.  Trey had a good time too although he didn't have quite the success that I had.

So that was the weekend basically.  We had a crazy Saturday and then Sunday was it's usual self.  February is shaping up to be a pretty crazy month though, so I guess this past weekend was just the start.

--Paul

No comments: