Friday, June 11, 2010

5 Years

So I was planning on blogging this morning in order to wish DeAnne a happy anniversary today. I didn't realize that when I left my blog yesterday at two things I love that happen in June that she would actually call me out in the comments about not talking about our anniversary. Now it just looks like I'm responding to her comment and that I did forget. I promise you, I did not forget, it was all a plan and as usual, DeAnne managed to blow it up in my face. Anyway, on to what I had planned to say.

Today marks five days since DeAnne and I got married. I've heard that it's good luck for it to rain on your wedding day. I don't believe in luck, but if I did, then I would have to say that we should have it running out our ears. The day we got married, the first tropical storm of the year landed due south of Andalusia and then moved directly over us. It rained most of the day and the wind was blowing 30+ MPH the entire time. In a way, it was appropriate. During the five years that we've been married, we've faced many storms in our lives. I firmly believe that we met and were married in God's time though because we've clearly made one another stronger and together we've been able to weather things that we never could have faced on our own.

DeAnne, I love you. I've said it more times than I can imagine and I intend to keep saying it until the day I die. Thank you for loving me. I don't always understand how you manage to but I thank God every day that you do.

There's a song that, at some point, DeAnne and I started singing back and forth as a joke. Over time, the joke became a reminder of our love and became kind of a theme for our relationship. You can't really dance to it, but if we were to have a song that was "our song", then this song would be it. A lot you already know the song I'm talking about. I want to close today's blog with the lyrics to it.

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me and baby, I got you

They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
I guess that's so, we don't have a pot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got

I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around

Don't let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb

Babe
I got you, babe
I got you babe

I got you to hold my hand
I got you to understand
I got you to walk with me
I got you to talk with me
I got you to kiss goodnight
I got you to hold me tight
I got you, I won't let go
I got you to love me so

Babe
I got you, babe
I got you babe


--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

I've go you too Babe! Big Bunches of love. Have a good day!
Wov-Muffin