Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Upgrade

The new version of the operating system that runs on the iPhone and the iPod Touch came out yesterday. Now called "iOS 4", it added several cool new features. The biggest one for me though, and the one I started using immediately, was application folders. You can now group apps on the home screen and when you click on the group, it opens a sub-window with the apps in it. Before the upgrade last night, I was up to four pages of apps to have to swipe though. Now I'm back down to a single screen. Because my iPod is a little older, I missed out on multitasking, but that's not a huge deal breaker. I don't find myself in a situation where I need it very often.

Going back over the weekend, it was good. We had a good Father's Day hanging out with both my Dad and DeAnne's Step-Father. We got to go swimming with Bryan and Adrienne a couple of times and I managed to get the grass cut Saturday morning before it got blazing hot that afternoon.

We also spent the later part of Saturday buying, blanching and bagging peas. I know, there's a certain amount of city in us that we just can't bring ourselves to shell peas, but it's just so much easier to buy them shelled and put them up from there. We have actually talked about a garden but we feel like we need to get a freezer first. That would require us to make room for it in the storage room and that brings up an entire set of new issues. So for now, we buy and cram what we can into our fridge's freezer. It's not a perfect system, but it works for right now.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

PEAS!!!!! YUMMMMMMMM