Thursday, June 24, 2010

Titles are the Hardest Part

If there's one thing I struggle with when writing this blog, it's titles. Just the nature of the thing, I guess. Of course, now I'm grasping for a topic, so who knows? All right, we'll go with Wed. night band.

Wednesday nights are still going well. We still have a few kinks to work out here and there, but I feel like we're getting a little bit better each week. Considering we only get to practice for an hour or two each week, I think we've done really well. The important thing though is that I feel like we really are leading the youth into a deeper worship experience. Each week seems to have its rough spots at the beginning but once we settle in and have a little fun with the first couple of songs, there always seems to come a moment when the Spirit hits and you can just feel the whole group worshipping. It's a really special moment and the last couple of weeks it's led in to Garrett's sermon really well.

We also had a good time going out to eat with Bryan, Adrienne, Amy and Garrett last night after services. We hit the Huddle House and it was as good as it ever has been. We don't eat there often, and I've never eaten anything that wasn't breakfast related but I've rarely had a bad experience there.

No major plans for the weekend. We've reached the point where I'm going to be cutting grass each week, so I'll be doing that Saturday morning but outside of that, we haven't planned anything in particular. I hope you all have a good weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: