Thursday, January 06, 2011

At A Loss

I've stared at the screen for about 3 minutes now and I still have nothing to talk about, so I guess I'm going to talk about not having anything to talk about.

I'm still reeling from the youth service last night.  I know I'm in the band, so I might be a little biased, but I really think it was probably the best we've ever played.  It's hard when you don't have any more time to practice than we do but it all seemed to come together last night.

Not only was the band good, but I felt like Garrett had an excellent message and then small groups seemed to go really well too.  It was just a really good night.

Since I only blog two days a week now I need to go ahead and say "Happy Birthday" to DeAnne.  Her birthday is Saturday and I'm not sure if she's to the point yet of not wanting to say her age, so I'm just going to play it safe and not say anything about how old she's turning.  This will be the ninth birthday she's had since we met and I'm so grateful to her and to God that I've been able to be a part of her life for all these years.  We've celebrated birthdays as a dating couple, as an engaged couple and as a married couple and I can't wait to celebrate the rest of our lives birthdays as a married couple with kids.

DeAnne, you're probably the most incredible person I've ever known.  I love you, and I want to wish you a very happy birthday.

--Paul

No comments: