Thursday, January 27, 2011

On A Roll

We had another good night at church last night.  The Lord has really been working on the band and we've had three or four good weeks in a row now.  The band's playing well, the students seem to be participating in worship more and the small groups we started a while back seem to really be coming along.  With D-Now coming up, I'm just straight-up excited about it all.

Outside of talking about the last appointment, I haven't said much about the baby, and I'm not really sure why that is.  I think that it has a lot to do with how long it took for the Lord to get us to this point.  It's kind of a casual thing for us.  It probably also has a lot to do with not telling anyone for pretty much two months.  At any rate, DeAnne's doing pretty good.  We're almost fifteen weeks now.  She's still nauseous pretty much every day but she doesn't complain.  Instead we just give thanks that there's a reason for her nausea.   Besides that, she's been fighting her sinuses this week and that's been giving her headaches.  Hopefully, she'll be able to fight it off though and avoid having to get treated for a sinus infection.

We return to car shopping on Saturday.  I'm not terribly excited about the idea, but it has to be done.  I would love nothing more than to be able to get a deal done and be through with it.  I'm praying that the Lord will direct us to the right decision.  I've been reading "Radical" by David Platt and it's really convinced me that while we may want a vehicle with a bunch of fancy extras, that's what we want, not what we need.  What we need is just something DeAnne can get the baby in and out of without destroying her back.  If it meets that criteria, then there's not reason for us to spend a bunch of money on other things.  Anyway, off my soapbox.

Have a good weekend and I'll see you all back here on Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: