Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Keepin' On

We had a pretty standard weekend.

Friday was Pleasant Home's Homecoming, so after eating dinner, we headed out there with Garrett, Amy, Bryan and Adrienne.  I'm still kind of getting used to the idea that my wife now works at the school I graduated from.  The building her classroom is in was still being built when I graduated, so I don't have any real memories of that building but when we go to a school-wide function like a basketball game and go to the gym, it's a little surreal to be back in those places again.  Anyway, we had a good time even thought the boys lost their game.

Saturday we spent some time over in Kinston visiting with Sarah, Mike and Liam.  They were up for Wayne's birthday.  Saturday afternoon, the youth boys from church all got together at Bryan's house and we played football and ladderball, ate pizza and had a good time just hanging out.

Sunday, DeAnne wasn't feeling good so she stayed home trying to get her head to stop hurting.  We had to run to Kinston again for Wayne's birthday party but I had to be back for the start of the guitar lessons I'm now teaching at church on Sunday afternoon.  I had 7 show up for the class, so I was pretty happy about that.  I think it went pretty well and I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can take the class.

So, as I said, a pretty standard weekend.  Nothing wrong with that.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Grammar Police! Sarah isn't spelled this way...it is Sara. LOL and You know this!