Thursday, January 13, 2011

Title?

After all the years I've been blogging, titles still give me the most trouble.  Something else that gives me trouble: coming up with something to talk about sometimes.  Outside of the BCS game, there really hasn't been anything going on this week.  For the first time in who knows how long, we don't have solid plans for the weekend so I can't even tell you about that.

The youth band is going strong.  I really think the last two Wednesdays have been the best we've played and I feel like the kids in the youth group noticed it.  Attendance was down a little last night but it's the loudest I've probably ever heard the crowd sing.  With church, when there's a full band, I think it's easy to just walk in and think that they're there to entertain you.  Garrett and I work to remind the kids that are playing in the band that we're not there to entertain.  We're there to lead worship.  I think that's really come across the last couple of weeks and I think that as a result, the youth that come have had a better worship.

The annual Disciple Now weekend is coming up for the youth and this years worship leader is going to be Kristian Stanfill.  He just released a new album this week called "Mountains Move" (mp3) and it's pretty awesome.  I'm hoping that not only do the youth learn some new songs from him but I'm hoping that I can watch and learn and become a better member of our worship team.

So there's a little brain dump for you this morning.  Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: