Thursday, January 20, 2011

Heartbeat

We had our January appointment yesterday and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was pretty stinking awesome.  We would have loved to have had another ultrasound also, but we're not up for our next one until our next appointment.  It's still pretty hard to believe that this is all happening and it's going by so fast.  It seems like we just found out and now we're three and a half months already.  It's crazy.

We haven't really talked any more about the car thing.  I'm on call this week so outside of revisiting the local dealerships, we're not going to be able to do much this weekend.  We've also got to get back to work on the house.  We still have a couple of closets to clean out and we've got plenty of stuff in the soon-to-be nursery that's still got to come out.  It's all a bit overwhelming, but at the same time, I've never been happier to be overwhelmed.  I just thank God every day for this amazing thing that He's done for us.

I was listening to the radio on the way home the other day and that day's "Walk In The Word" was about Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." I don't know how many times I've heard this verse before, but this was the time I heard it and got it.  The Lord is addressing the Israelites but I couldn't help but think after all that DeAnne and I went through and all the time we waited trying to have children that  this verse really summed all that up perfectly.


--Paul

1 comment:

Josh and Lyndsay said...

Paul, we are so happy for yall!! God is truly AWESOME!!!

Josh and I have been waiting patiently to get moved back home and have had a few things on our mind and I saw Jeremiah 29:11 4 times Monday!! It is amazing how God works!! It is in his time and his way, but he has the PERFECT plan!