Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Big Wednesday

Tomorrow's looking like a pretty big day.

First up, I'm going to be taking CPR training at work.  They offer it about once a year and with the baby coming, I figured it would be a good time to take it.  I was certified once upon a time a long, long time ago but it'll be good to get it again.

I'm going to have to cut out in the middle of the class though to go to out next ultrasound appointment.  We're going to be making an attempt to determine the gender of our little one.  They tried when we went a couple of weeks ago and he wouldn't cooperate so hopefully this time we'll get a good look.

Finally, Apple is set to announce the next generation of the iPad tomorrow.  The press event starts at noon. I'm really not expecting anything earth-shattering hardware wise.  It'll have front and back cameras and a new processor but that'll be the extent of the hardware changes.  The unknown factor is iOS 5.  Will the iPad 2 be the debut of the new operating system or will we just get a preview and have to wait until the release of the next iPhone to actually get the new OS?  That's the major question for me.  I'm also curious to see what they do with price/storage configurations.  I would probably be surprised if they stayed the same as they are now but I'm not sure what the possibilities would be otherwise.  I'll let you know Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: