Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Naming

We've been tossing around different baby names since we started trying to have a baby over three years ago.  We came up with several girl names over those years but we had always struggled with boy names.  Of course, the Lord has a keen sense of humor, so when His time was fulfilled and he blessed us with this pregnancy, He decided to give us a boy.  After a lot of thinking and running through possibilities, we finally landed on something.

I was actually going to make the announcement part of my "special" blog post this past Tuesday, but I never talked to DeAnne about it and I didn't want to do something without her approval.  Up until yesterday, I wasn't even sure if it was final.  I think really, we both liked it and started using it some between the two of us and after a couple of weeks now, it's kind of stuck.

So in July we'll be welcoming Harrison Paul DuBose into the world.  We're going to try our best and not saddle our children with the curse of using their middle names (both DeAnne and I go by our middle names), so we're going to call him Harrison.  We're also pretty adamant about not using shortened versions, so no Harry or Harris or anything like that.  Harrison.

A couple of funny stories.  DeAnne first suggested the name and I liked it.  After a couple of days of trying it out, I came to a realization.  I told her that if we stuck with Harrison, that'd be fine with me because I wouldn't mind my kid sharing a name with the guy that played Han Solo and Indiana Jones.  I asked her to consider changing the middle name to something from an actor in the Back to the Future series that way we could cover the big three from my childhood.  That got shot down on the spot.

Two, the young lady that plays bass in the youth band at church is a pretty big Beatles fan.  She made the connection even before I did that with his full name, he'll share names with two of the Beatles.  I don't know if the next child has to cover the other two or what, but I guess we'll see when we get there.

So there you go.  DeAnne told a pile of people yesterday and a few of our friends and family had already grilled it out of us but now it's official.  Have a good weekend.  See you Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: