Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hmm...

So not much has happened in two days.

We finally got around to watching the first episode of Lost. It was pretty awesome but I don't know that we really learned that much. The ads have been saying that the time for questions is over, but really, the first episode raised more questions than it answered, so I don't see where the Lost formula has really changed much. Who knows, they've got 16 hours to go counting the episode that aired last night (that we haven't watched yet), so maybe the real answers will start coming soon. I have my doubts though. I really think this show is going to end with a lot of stuff still hanging.

Rumors are going around that Dish Network is going to add 8 more HD channels today. I'm not sure what they're going to be or if I'll be getting all 8, but I'm always happy to see them add more. The list of channels that we watch that aren't in HD is getting pretty short. Hopefully that list will be even shorter after today. It's still going to be a while, but we're getting closer to the day when SD just goes away and HD is just the standard. It's strange to think that the next generation of kids won't know what SD is. I guess it's kind of like when I was growing up and color had completely taken over and black and white was just a faint memory and what you watched Andy Griffith in.

Anyway, see you on Saturday (I promise not to forget this week).

--Paul

No comments: