Thursday, February 25, 2010

Surprise! (Again)

Get ready folks because it looks like the old way of life is coming back in style. That's right. Expect a few more blogs each week. The reason? Well, I'm glad you asked.

It was a week ago this past Tuesday. I woke up and started my day and as I was getting ready to get on the elliptical, I noticed that my foot was hurting pretty badly. I decided it was probably better to stay off the elliptical. So my foot continued to hurt throughout the week. It never got any worse, but I can't say that it's any better either. I looked around on the internet and decided that it sounded like I had a form of tendinitis. On Monday, I went to see a doctor about it. I figured it would probably be a good idea to go and have it x-rayed just to make sure I hadn't fractured or broken something. Turns out I was right about the tendinitis. The bad thing is that pretty much everything that they could give me would either interact with my blood thinner or make me more likely to have a bleeding ulcer, so basically I've got to just wait it out wearing tennis shoes and keeping off of it as much as I can.

So I'm supposed to stay off of it for at least two weeks after my symptoms go away. That means that I'm returning to my previous morning schedule and you'll now be seeing a daily blog. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: