Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Possibly the Coldest Day of My Life

Saturday was probably the first day that I really started to feel better. Since I was feeling better, I decided to go ahead and go to the Senior Bowl with Edwin. It was cold. Very cold. But we had a good time. It was interesting seeing so many fans from so many different schools and while there was some heckling, for the most part everyone was pretty pleasant. The two largest groups of fans were for Alabama, who had the most players on a team with six, and Florida. The Florida people were there to see Tebow one last time. It's too bad he stunk it up so bad. The South team just couldn't get anything going and they got beat by the North pretty badly. It was a fun game though. We made it through three quarters before we called it quits and when we got up to leave, I was worried that my legs weren't going to work. It was that cold.

T.V. shows continue to return with Lost starting its final season last night. I haven't watched the episode yet, but I can hardly wait to see how this show ends. I just hate that they moved it to Tuesday night. Our Tuesday night DVR schedule has gotten to be pretty crazy this year and it's mainly because they moved Lost. If they had left it on Wednesday night, it would have worked out a lot better for us.

One other T.V. note: Sunday night was the Grammy awards. I don't normally watch them, but I made one exception for this year. Butch Walker was asked to perform his version of Taylor Swift's song "You Belong With Me" with Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks. If you saw the show, he was the guy on the left side of the screen (Swift's right hand side) playing what looked like a sawed-off banjo (it was actually a "banjolin", a cross between a banjo and a mandolin). It was kind of surreal seeing him on stage on T.V. just two weeks after we sat 15 feet away from him in Atlanta.

Have a good rest of the week. See you on Saturday.

--Paul

No comments: