Monday, February 08, 2010

Off The Grid

We had a fairly normal weekend. I'm not sure what happened Saturday, but blogging didn't even cross my mind. I realized yesterday afternoon that I hadn't blogged Saturday so I figured I would make it up to you by writing one today. I guess I'll get back to my routine tomorrow.

DeAnne's been reading the "Percy Jackson" series for a couple of weeks and with the first movie coming out Friday, I went ahead and picked up the first book and started on it over the weekend. So far it's been pretty good. There are a few themes that seem to be borrowed from "Harry Potter", but it's probably just unavoidable type comparisons rearing their head. I'm not sure what grade level the book is, but it's probably a year or two below the first "Harry Potter" book so it's a pretty easy read and I've been moving through it pretty quickly.

I know I talk a lot about Butch Walker, but I'm just trying to spread the love, so bear with me. His new album releases on vinyl this week so news and information have started hitting the internet at a steady pace. The biggest thing is that you can listen to the entire album streaming here. I listened to it Thursday and it's another great album. It has a much stronger country flavor to it than his previous albums. It seems that the older Butch gets, the more he mellows and moves away from his arena rock roots. That's not necessarily a bad thing as his trademark wit and humor are still the standout facets of his song writing. I don't know how he does it, but he just keeps turning out great song after great song.

So that's about it for now. I'll see you back here on Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: