Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Starting to Think I'm Terrible At This

So once again, Saturday came and I failed to remember to blog. I had every intention of making it up on Monday but then Monday came and the computer was found to have contracted a virus. I spent the time I normally would use to blog removing said virus. It's gone, but there still seems to be one side-effect that I haven't been able to fix yet. It did something to my network settings and now the computer can't see my network drive that I store my iTunes library on. I haven't put a whole lot of time into fixing the problem. It's not an issue as long as I don't open iTunes and that usually doesn't happen much during the week.

Anyway, so of course the big story I had planned for Saturday was about the snow. We had a great time playing in it Friday. DeAnne was a little more enthusiastic about it than I was though. She couldn't get enough of it. I, however, had had plenty by the time late Friday afternoon rolled around. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and it was amazing that it snowed that much here, but after we had made our snowman and thrown some snowballs and made a snow angel I was cold, wet and finished. DeAnne was just cold, wet and ready for more. It was nice for one day but it pretty much just confirmed for me that I have no interest in living anywhere where it snows more than one day a year.

Edwin and I finished up playing the first "Army of Two" last night. I can't say that I would recommend it. The controls were fairly wonky at times and the storyline was pretty pitiful. It had a lot of good ideas for co-op game play but it just didn't seem like any of those ideas were executed in a good way. There's a sequel out but because of the bad taste this first game gave us, I don't think we'll ever try the second one.

So now it's on to other games. I've got a couple of games from Christmas that I still haven't played, so I'm going to be moving on to Red Faction: Guerrilla. I've got Dragon Age: Origins also, but it's such a long and involved game that I think I'm going to tackle it last.

Maybe this week will be the week that I remember to blog on Saturday. I did pretty good for a while there but here lately I've just been off my game. Anyway, see you then.

--Paul

No comments: