Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Striking Out

The lawnmower and I are apparently going to be going at it all year. I tried to cut grass for the second time this year the weekend before last. I got about five minutes into it when the drive belt gave out. So I got a new drive belt last week and on Saturday, I was going to put it on and get the grass cut. I got to step two in the process of replacing the belt when I came across something that stopped me dead in my tracks. I had to take a pulley off to get the old belt off and when I went to removed it I found out that it was broken. So now I have to replace the pulley too and I still didn't get to cut my grass.

I think these problems are still steaming from me hitting that tree trunk the first time I cut the grass. I can't be positive, but it's the only explanation that really makes any sense. Dad came to the rescue and brought me his mower. It was late Saturday when he brought it over, so I still haven't had a chance to cut my grass. I'm hoping I can get it done today.

We saw the new "Robin Hood" movie over the weekend and it was pretty decent. DeAnne liked it more than I did. I think it's that it's not a "light-hearted" take on the story as to why I wasn't just crazy about it. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome movie and I enjoyed watching it, but it was a much darker, gritter and probably more true to life in the 13th century Robin Hood than is usually presented. Good movie, just put every other Robin Hood movie you've seen out of your mind before you go.

--Paul

No comments: