Tuesday, September 21, 2010

PETA's Going To Hate This

So football season is in full swing and we're finally starting to get to the meat of most team's schedules.  Clemson turned out to be a bigger test than most fans probably thought they would be.  In all reality, we really lost that game.  During the game there were a lot of ups and downs.  The first half especially had more downs in it than ups.  Since this was the case, I was so disgusted with Auburn at half-time that I asked DeAnne if she wanted to do something else.  So we went to town and did a little shopping.  Our last stop was Wal-Mart and we went ahead and did our grocery shopping for the week.

So all durning the shopping excursion, Edwin is sending me messages on my phone about what's going on with the game.  Of course, they came back out from the half and started lighting up the scoreboard.  So by the time we're in Wal-Mart, I'm kind of getting excited and I start hoping that we make it home before the end of the game.  Well, we made it home during Clemson's last possession.  I grab some bags from the car, run inside, dump the bags, turn on the TV and pause the game.  I then go back out to the car and finish getting everything inside.  After getting everything put up, I start the game back and eventually, it's all said and done and we get a miracle and win.

At this point, it's around 10:00.  DeAnne heads to bed and I take the dog out and start looking for the cat that had gone outside when we got home.  Emma does her thing but I never see Izzy, so I call for him a few times and figure he'll hear us and come be at the back door in a few minutes like usual.  So I go inside, give Emma her treat and get ready for bed.  I go back to let Izzy in and he's not there.  So I give him a few more minutes and he's still not there.  So I get a flashlight and go back out looking for him.  No cat.  Anywhere.  DeAnne even gets out of bed to come help me.  Still can't find him.  We go from concerned to frustrated (he's done this before) and give up and call it a night.  

So the next morning I wake up and realize that Izzy never woke me up meowing in the window during the night to be let in.  So I go check the back door and he's nowhere to be seen.  At this point, I'm starting to get worried.  I go looking for him again.  I circle the yard a couple of times and check the street and the woods and still nothing.  I decide to get the car and drive the neighborhood.  I go back up to the house and that's when I look at my car and notice that Izzy is sitting in the back windshield.  I see him, he sees me and then he opens his mouth and because he's in the car, I can't hear him, but he's meowing as loud as he can.  He spent the whole night in the car.  Evidently, he went outside and climbed into the car while I was between trips bringing bags in.  I felt so bad for the poor little guy.  He was fine though and he didn't even make a mess in my car (thank goodness).

So maybe PETA won't come after me.  It was a complete accident and everything was fine in the end, but I still feel pretty bad for Izzy.

--Paul

No comments: