Tuesday, September 07, 2010

When It Rains

There's a lot I want to talk about and I doubt I get to it all, but here goes nothing.

Left over from Thursday, there are a few things that I want to mention about Apple.  First, it's come out that still pictures on the new iPod Touch have been limited to some ridiculously low resolution.  I've not yet seen a good argument as to why Apple did this.  If it's to up-sell to the iPhone, then that's pretty crappy as Apple even admitted at the event that the Touch is like having a contract-less iPhone.  It's also been confirmed that the Nano has lost all video capabilities.  I can kind of see why this happened, but it still makes it more expensive to get into a video device with Apple now.

Finally, I didn't talk at all on Thursday about Ping, Apple's new music-centered social network.  I've signed up and while I think there may be some potential here, there's not been a lot of activity on it either.  None of my real-life friends have joined as far as I know and most of the music artists that I would like to follow haven't signed up yet either.  Like any social network, it takes an active user base for it to be worth while.  Apple has a lot of iTunes users out there so the potential user base is huge, it's just a matter of convincing them to get on Ping.

The long weekend was nice in some respects and hard in others.  Last week, DeAnne's grandfather passed away.  He was from Orlando but was living in Arkansas so that DeAnne's aunts could keep an eye on him.  Because of that, they had a service in Orlando on Saturday.  We left Friday afternoon and headed down, went to the service and came back Saturday afternoon.  It was a tough drive, but DeAnne wanted to go, so we went.  In the end, it was worth it as she got to see a lot of family that she hasn't seen in a while and doesn't get to see very often.  I made a pretty big deal out of the whole thing and I owe DeAnne a bit of an apology for it because it wasn't all that bad.  So, sorry I made a big deal out of the trip, DeAnne.

We did make it back in time for the Auburn game.  I'm excited that football season has come around again and Auburn had some moments to be proud of even if we still have some work to do on defense.  Cam Newton, the new QB looked awesome though and he should be a huge player for the team this year and next.  I'm excited about the possibilities and I'm looking forward to a good season.

Wow, I actually made it through pretty much everything.  Sunday was church as usual, although we did have a "tailgate breakfast" for the youth to celebrate the return of football and class promotion day at the church.  Memaw was in town too this weekend.  I got to see her Thursday night for dinner and we went over and spent some time with her Sunday afternoon and Monday night.  Monday was nothing big.  I cut grass and even though she had the day off work, DeAnne spent most of it down at the school working.  All in all, not a bad weekend.  Hard at times, but not bad.  Hope you had a good one.  At least now we have a four-day work week to look forward to.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Apology accepted.