Thursday, September 30, 2010

Moving

Don't worry, the title doesn't refer to DeAnne and I.  I'm actually referring to my Grandmother.  That's right, my Memaw is moving to Andalusia.  She's got an apartment behind the hospital and so this weekend, she's going to be moving from Atlanta down here.  I'm not really sure what brought on the move, but I think more than anything she's tired of the size of Atlanta.

I think it'll be good having her around.  She's been in Atlanta for more than five or six years now and we've only seen her when she's been able to come down or when we've gone up there for something.  Hopefully, she'll keep herself occupied by baking plenty of pound cakes.

So helping move Memaw is the big plan for the weekend.  I also need to cut the grass at some point.  I almost want to just wait until it all dies now, but I think if I cut it this week, I'll be able to get away with waiting after that.  So hopefully I've just got two mowings left this year.  Of course, after it gets and stays cool, all the bushes need trimming.  That's going to be a killer of a chore.  They're pretty wild right now.  We cut them back in the spring but I think all the rain we got earlier in the year put some major growth on them.

Other than that, I think we're going to go cheer on the Pleasant Home Eagles tomorrow night.  I think it's their next to last home game for the season and we've only made it to one so far this year, so we want to try and at least make one more if not both of them.

Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: