Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Just Us Men

We had a pretty good weekend.  I enjoyed it mostly because it was full of football.  We went to the Pleasant Home game against Brantley Friday night.  PHS lost, but they played really well and if not for a couple of terrible calls, the score would have been a lot closer than the 26-6 that the game ended at.  It was a good game and we had a good time cheering them on.

Saturday was interesting because Sara asked us to babysit at the last minute while she went house hunting in Florida.  Mike's getting close to being done with his classes and they've got to find a place to live in a month or so.  At the point she called though, DeAnne had already made plans to work on cleaning out her classroom.  This meant that Saturday morning, I found myself babysitting Liam all on my own.  It was fun though.  We watched football and played and napped and ate and just hung out all day.  He's a really awesome baby and only gave me trouble when I was trying to feed him dinner.  I don't think he's crazy about the green beans.  He eventually got it all down though and DeAnne got home just in time to help me give him his bath and get him ready for Sara to pick him up.  

Sunday I had planned on helping unload Memaw in between church services but they were late getting on the road and didn't make it to town until around 4:30.  I did go by yesterday and hook up her TV and computer for her.  She seemed pretty happy to be here.  Hopefully she'll be able to find some things to do to keep herself occupied.  

That's all I've got.  See you all on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: