Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family

We had a pretty decent weekend.  

Friday we went over to Kinston and hung out with DeAnne's family over there.  

Saturday was the family reunion.  We had a good time.  We haven't had a family reunion for that side of my family since before DeAnne and I started dating, so she had never met the vast majority of the people there.  I haven't seen them that often myself, so I didn't even know half the people's names that were there.  I kind of hate to say that, but it's true.  We had reunions more often when I was a kid, but back then all I was worried about was playing.  By the time I was a teenager and would have been able to really start remembering who people were, the reunions had dwindled down to be so infrequent, I just never had a chance to really remember many of them.

The reunion was at a camp in Foley and it was outside under a pavilion.  The weather was perfect for it, but I think it may have done DeAnne's sinuses a number.  She woke up Sunday morning feeling pretty bad.  She went to the doctor yesterday and got some more antibiotics and she was feeling better before the day ended, but I hate to see her sick again.  She's just barely gotten over the last sinus infection.  We really need it to rain and knock some of the peanut dust and golden rod out of the air.  

Have a good Tuesday and I'll be back on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: