Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Sick Puppy

I came home yesterday to find that Emma had been sick all over the house.  Evidently, something's gotten hold of her stomach and it's doing a number on her.  We took her to the vet and he gave her a couple of shots and said she should be fine in a day or two.  I feel so bad for her.  You can tell she doesn't feel well and I think she's embarrassed about having an accident in the house.  I know how I hate having the stomach bug.  I'm sure it's not quite the same for dogs, but you can tell she's not happy about it.

So that was the big adventure yesterday.  It pretty much meant that I went non-stop from the time I got up yesterday morning until the time I went to bed.  By bed time, I was exhausted.

There was some excitement from Apple yesterday too.  They announced new versions of their iLife suite of Mac applications along with previewing some of the features from their next operating system release and they showed off a new Macbook Air that is pretty incredible.  They also announced that Facetime is coming to Macs so now all those people with iPhone4's and 4th generation iPod Touch's will be able to make video calls to Mac users and vice versa.  Still no new iPad.  I fully expect that in January.  I think we'll see a press event then that announces the new iPad and that the iPhone is expanding to Verizon.

I did order DeAnne's iPhone for the AT&T switch the other day.  We looked through all the phones that compared to hers and they all seemed like garbage, so she decided she wanted to just go ahead and take the plunge and get an iPhone.  I'm incredibly jealous.  The people in charge of phone decisions at work won't budge off of the Blackberry server so for the time being, we're stuck with Blackberry and not able to get an iPhone.  I'm hoping that once everybody in Andalusia starts toting an iPhone around that it'll get some of upper management wanting one and that things will change.  I'll just have to be patient though.

Yard work is on tap for this weekend.  Pleasant Home's last home game is Friday night, so we're going to go to that.  Saturday will be yard day though.  It's in dire need of some attention.  Hopefully, we're down to the last cutting of the year.  I'm ready to winter-up and be done with the yard for a little while.

Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: