Tuesday, August 09, 2011

1 Month

Yesterday marked Harrison's one month birthday.  It's hard to imagine that a month has gone by already.  I'm guessing all you other parents out there are just nodding your heads and thinking how I have no idea how fast it will go.

What might almost make me feel older than my own son being a month old is my nephew, Liam.  Sarah and Liam came up for a few days and when I saw him yesterday, I was pretty floored by how big he's gotten.  The last time we saw him was when Harrison was born and things were so crazy then that I didn't really get to spend any time with him.  A year ago, he was barely bigger than Harrison is now.  Now, he's this massive little man running around and starting to talk.  It's insane.

I had a good time keeping Harrison last Thursday and Friday.  We hung out, watched some Shark Week that he had already watched once with his Mom, played in the floor, slept and just had a good time.

At some point during the three days DeAnne was sitting in meetings, her back flared up and she's been hurting pretty bad since about Friday.  Needless to say, we didn't do much this past weekend.  She called yesterday and has a doctor's appointment Wednesday.  Hopefully they'll be able to give her something to calm the nerve down and get her some relief.  It was about this time last year when her back flared up.  I guess we're just going to have an incident about once a year where she has trouble with it.

That's about all I've got for today.  See you Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: