Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Up Early

Harrison decided that 4:45 was a good time to eat this morning, so as I type this, I've been up an hour already.  He's doing really well overall though.  He's still sleeping from about 10:00 to 2:00 and then he'll sleep from around 2:00 to somewhere between 4:00 and 6:00.  You'll notice there's a bit of a spread on the latter.  You just never know when he's going to be up.  I think it mainly depends on how hard he sleeps the first time down.  We've started giving him rice at night, but that doesn't seem to make a difference with the sleep time.  I think we're just putting on more chunk.  Anyway.

We had a good weekend.  Sara, Mike and Liam came up so we spent the majority of our time in Kinston visiting with them.  Mike's about to deploy again and he'll be gone until sometime around Christmas.  He'll be flying this time, so he'll be in a bit more danger than before, so please pray for his safe return.

Outside of that, it was pretty laid back.  I got up early with Harrison on Saturday and eventually he and DeAnne slept until about 10:30.  She was glad for the sleep and I was happy to take care of things and let her get it.

Daycare is all set up and ready to go.  We're actually going to send him three days next week just to ease us and him into it.  It's hard to believe that we've got just a little under two weeks before DeAnne goes back to work and he starts daycare.  It's going to be hard to leave him, but I'm excited for him to get to interact with other people and other kids or at least that's what I'm telling myself to make it easier on me.

See you Thursday,

--Paul

No comments: