Thursday, July 29, 2010

Adventures In Babysitting

DeAnne's sister, Sara, has a friend coming in from Utah this weekend and they're going to go spend the weekend at the beach.  They plan on taking Liam with them for one night but then on Saturday DeAnne and I are supposed to head down and spend the day at the beach and then bring the little guy back with us. That's right, Liam's going to spend the night at our house.  For two nights.  We're pretty excited.

So that's pretty much the plan for the weekend.  It'll be interesting to see how things go.  There's sure to be some crazy moments, but he's just too darn cute and lovable not to look forward to having him stay with us.

I didn't mention it on Tuesday, but my Mom came down on Saturday also and I got a chance to check out her iPhone 4.  It was awesome, I'm jealous and I'd give anything to be able to have one.  That's about all I can say about it.

Amazon announced a new version of the Kindle yesterday.  It's smaller, has twice the storage, comes in either white or charcoal and now they have a wi-fi only version for only $140.  Sure, you can't download a book just anywhere with the wi-fi only version, but how many times are you not around a wireless internet signal these days?  I think it's just my gadget envy kicking in when I look at the Kindle. I don't read nearly enough to justify having one and I can't imagine having one equating to me reading more but the new version looks really cool.

Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday with tales of how babysitting went.

--Paul

No comments: