Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Oh Say, Can You See

We had a good 4th. There were a few things that didn't go quite the way I thought they might or should, but it was good. We spent pretty much all weekend hanging out with DeAnne's family. Mike was in from New Mexico to see Sara and Liam and it was good to get to see him and catch up.

So that pretty much covered Saturday and Sunday. Friday was a date night for DeAnne and I. We went down to Destin and watched "Eclipse". I'm not a huge fan of the series. I've read the books and I've watched the movies with DeAnne because she wants me to but I'm not a girl, so I guess the appeal for me is kind of limited. Having said that, this was probably the best movie so far. The acting was vastly improved over the first two movies and when you throw in the big fight at the end, it had enough going to keep me interested. So the movie was good and afterwards we went to Olive Garden and just had salad. All together, it was a really nice night.

I know I'm skipping around, but yesterday is our last stop. Yesterday we laid around the house for a while, went to Wal-Mart and then Bryan and Adrienne called to go swimming. We swam for a while and then watched the first Indiana Jones movie. It was a nice, relaxing day off and I was glad to be able to do pretty much nothing for a day.

So we had a good weekend and now it's a short week, which is a huge bonus. See you on Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: