Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Results

The tournament went well Saturday night. I had a good time and met some great people. Out of 15 playing the tournament I placed 11th. I know it doesn't sound that great but I was only one turn away from winning in at least two games that I lost. Things were a lot closer than my final results show. Where I messed up was when I second guessed myself when building my deck. I had one built and then looked back through all my cards and changed my mind on my direction. I looked through all the cards I got Sunday morning and I feel like I had stuck to my original plans, I probably would have done better. I learned a lot though and I really had a good time. I don't know when the next one will be, but I'll probably play in these little tournaments as much as I can.

Other than that, the weekend was pretty low-key. DeAnne's aggravated her back somehow and she's been out of commission since Saturday morning. We're not really sure what happened, but I don't think it's anything too serious. She seems to be getting better, so maybe the next day or two, she'll be back to somewhat normal.

I had to cut the grass yesterday afternoon because I was lazy this past weekend. Man, is it ever hot. Summer is definitely in full swing.

See you Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: